From: Rune Hansen <rune en simplemente net>
To: Alex <alex en simplemente net>
Sent: Miércoles, 22 de Marzo de 2000 01:45 p.m.
Subject: Re: ISDN.

 > > 3) "I want a line converted, but don't want to use Prodigy for Internet
 > > access."
 > no also, if u contract this thing and than cancel it, the digital
 > line service is canceld and the line becomes a normal analogic line
 > back ever, if u contract Prodigy Turbo and than try to connect to any
 > other ISP, telmex will disable it

 This is a case for the consumidor.

 > (the guy told me that there is no ISP that can give this kinde of
 > service in Mexico, we can do it!!!!)

 Exactly my point. Undue monopoly situation.

 Consumidor.

 The case for the consumidor is the following:

 ISDN is a multifunctional telephone service, and NOT just a way of
 getting faster access to the Internet.

 With ISDN you have two telephone lines (channels) and they can be
 programmed with up to 10 telephone numbers, going directly to ISDN
 telephones, etc.

 SO!

 By limiting ISDN access to only those people who want to use the
 Internet, they are limiting the use of that technology. Basically what
 they are saying is that:

 1) You can not call anyone else digitally (ISDN -> ISDN)
 2) You can only use ISDN for Internet Access

 This is ridiculous. And monopoly. And they have to be killed for it.

 So if someone wants to use ISDN to get two telephone lines and a
 digital Class 4 telefax machine, then they can not do this? That's
 outrageous.

 --
 Rune Hansen                                               Simplemente
 E-mail: rune en simplemente net              http://www.simplemente.net/

Lista de soporte de LinuxPPP
 Reglas de la lista en http://pepe.net.mx/reglas.html