Re: [Linux] problema con sendmail....

Sacado del FAQ de Sendmail:

How can I solve "MX list for hostname points back to hostname" and "config
error: mail loops back to myself" messages?

Date: January 17, 1997
Updated: May 8, 2000
Updated: January 24, 2002

I'm getting these error messages:

553 MX list for domain.net points back to relay.domain.net
	554 <user en domain net>... Local configuration error

How can I solve this problem?

You have asked mail to a domain (e.g., domain.net) to be forwarded to a
specific host (in this case, relay.domain.net) by using an MX record, but
the relay machine doesn't recognize itself as domain.net. Add domain.net
to /etc/mail/local-host-names [known as /etc/sendmail.cw prior to version
8.10] (if you are using FEATURE(`use_cw_file')) or add "Cw domain.net" to
your configuration file.

There are a couple of additional cases where you don't actually want local
delivery, and thus adding domain.net to class w is not the right fix:

    * When relay.domain.net should just be acting as a forwarder, e.g. a
firewall/gateway box. The proper fix could be to set up a mailertable
entry for domain.net.
    * When relay.domain.net is a secondary (etc.) MX, and the MX
mistakenly points to a CNAME or other "non-canonical" name [this gives
"config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)"]. The proper fix is to
point the MX at the actual name, a "work-around" to add the MX target to
class w.

IMPORTANT: When making changes to your configuration file, be sure you
kill and restart the sendmail daemon (for any change in the configuration,
not just this one):

kill -HUP `head -1 /var/run/sendmail.pid`

Note: You can also get this error message (MX loops ...) when two sendmail
systems talk to each other, and both have the same value of $j . The best
solution is "don't do that."

salu2

Roberto
http://diablomx.org